COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) — The early voting period ends today and the SC Elections Commission has released information about voting on Election Day.
The SC Election Commission says through Thursday, June 9, nearly 80,000 South Carolinians cast early ballots for the June primaries and about 16,000 people cast their ballots on Thursday.
The early voting period opened on Tuesday, May 31.
Here are some tips from the SC Election Commission for Election Day:
Vote on Tuesday, June 14:
- Polling stations will be open on June 14 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Voters online before 7:00 p.m. will be allowed to vote.
- Check your sample ballot and find your polling place at scVOTES.gov before going to vote.
- Be sure to bring your photo ID.
If you still have a postal vote:
- For the ballot to count, it must be received by the county voter registration office no later than 7:00 p.m. on June 14.
- Be sure to sign the Voter Oath and have the return envelope checked before returning the ballot. Make sure the cookie provides an address.
- Instead of mailing your ballot, consider delivering it personally to ensure it arrives on time.
- You can also ask an authorized returnee to return your ballot for you (must complete the Authorized Return Form).
- Photo ID is required when returning the absentee ballot in person.
Copyright 2022 WIS. All rights reserved.
Notice a spelling or grammatical error in this article? Click or tap here to report it. Please include the title of the article.