Hi there. It’s me, Danielle Fallon-O’Leary, your Dacula Daily host — here to share everything you need to know about what’s happening locally. Let’s do it.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Wet with clouds and sunshine. High: 89 Low: 70.
Here are the three main Dacula stories today:
- Gwinnett County is seeking residents’ input on the use of the Coronavirus Local Fiscal Recovery Fund. The county released two separate online surveys intended to gather community feedback. The first survey is for non-profit organizations. The second survey is aimed at residents and community groups. (AJC.com)
- Politico has identified Gwinnett County as one of 20 different counties that could potentially decide the outcome of this year’s midterm elections. The county will also likely determine the direction Georgia takes after the November election. The county is a Republican stronghold but has drifted toward the Democratic party in recent election cycles. (Gwinnett’s Daily Message)
- A Georgia Gwinnett College professor advises the community to prepare for rising inflation demands. According Dr. Cathy McCrary, the best way to prepare for the unexpected is to have an emergency fund. She advises the community to set aside a portion of each salary in a separate account. Recurring transfers might be the easiest way to create an emergency fund. (Press Release Office)
Today in Dacula:
- LIVE story time! At the Dacula Kiddie Academy (10:00 a.m.)
From my notebook:
- The Gwinnett County Sheriff’s Office pointed out National Pet Fire Safety Day in a recent Facebook post. Click for a list of tips for keeping your pet safe during a fire. (Gwinnett County Sheriff’s Office via Facebook)
- Gwinnett County Public Library Celebrates Deep Sea Adventure Week starting on Monday. This fun week-long series will teach kids about knots, pirate vocabulary, and fractions. Click for more information. (Gwinnett County Public Library via Instagram)
You’re all caught up for today! I will see you soon.
— Danielle Fallon-O’Leary
About me: Danielle Fallon-O’Leary is a senior writer at content creation agency Lightning Media Partners and assists Patch.com with the management of the community newsletter. Danielle also has a Masters in Communication Science and Disorders and works part-time as a pediatric speech therapist.