Candidate Kenrick Webster’s election poster disfigured

Vandals defaced one of the election posters of George Town West candidate Kenrick Webster.

The poster, placed on John Greer Boulevard near Bobby Thompson Way, was found Tuesday morning with Webster’s face cut out and left lying on the ground next to it.

Webster, an independent candidate, told Compass that he had been informed of the damage caused to the poster on Tuesday morning. He said he plans to report the case to the police and the election office.

He said he was not sure who would have disfigured the campaign poster, but said he believed it was done “to discourage candidates.”

The damage to the poster appears to have happened overnight. This is the first report received of a poster of a candidate degraded in the run-up to the April 14 elections.

In the 2017 election, police investigated reports of at least five vandalized posters.

Monday was nomination day in the Cayman Islands when 50 candidates formally declared their intention to run for office.

Webster is one of four contenders running in George Town West, along with incumbent David Wight, Ellio Solomon and Pearlina McGaw-Lumsden.

Police confirmed to Compass that Webster had reported the incident and they are investigating.

The Compass has also contacted the Elections Office for comment and is awaiting a response.

How do you feel after reading this?

– Advertising –

Support local journalism. Subscribe to the all-access pass for the Cayman Compass.

Subscribe now


Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *